Table of Contents
The Launch CReader 8001 scanner is amazing, providing fast response, oil reset and EPB services reset. One thing to remember is to download the upgrade software if you want to diagnose the ABS & SRS code and use the reset functions. The seller was very friendly, helped me upgrade this device and answered my questions patiently. Very satisfied with this purchase.
Best Function: All OBD2, ABS, SRS, EPB, Oil Service Light Resets
CReader 8001 Design
Why should buy CReader 8001?
- I can call CReader 8001 a code reader – it’s a professional diagnostic scanner that actually can not only read generic OBDII code, but also proprietary code from at least 42 different car manufacturers. I evaluated it for about a week, and thought that an evaluation was in order.
- The scanner looks very well done and rugged, with a unique cushioned housing. Included in the box are the OBD cable, USB cable, microSD card reader and quick start guide, all in good zippered case. The scanner has a 4 ” TFT color screen, 4 fast function keys, D button, OK button and escape buttons. On top of the unit is a DB-15 connector where the OBD cables connect. The microSD card slot has an 8MB microSD memory card that contains firmware and diagnostic routines for different types of vehicles, besides the slot is a mini USB port for the cable to connect to your computer.
CReader 8001 Pros and Cons
Pros of CReader 8001
- Working all OBD2 protocols on all 1996 and newer vehicles.
- Support Electrical Parking Brake(EPB) reset, Oil reset, ABS, SRS.
- Multilingual support(English, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese, Japanese).
- It’s good for the price.
- Update online via USB Cable.
Cons of CReader 8001
- Some functions are not as advertised.
Launch CReader 8001 Features
- Before using Launch CReader 8001 for the first time there are a few things to look after. The first thing to do is plug the USB cable from the scanner into your computer. At this point the unit will start up and ask if you want to check on a new version. If you click OK for yes, the machine goes into mass storage mode and looks like an external drive on your computer.
- The unit can be updated in two ways: by removing the microSD card and using the supplied reader to write the update files directly to the card. Or you can use a USB cable and update the files directly onto the scanner.
To download firmware and update diags, use the Startup Update Tool. From here, you can view the latest software updates, as well as the most specific diagnostic files for your vehicle.
- After the upgrade, and when the scanner starts up, you will see the main menu: Diagnostics, Recorder, Settings, and Help. Clicking Diagnostics will give you two options, OBDII / EOBD and Scan. Choosing OBDII will show a generic code reader for any vehicle. Selecting Scan will allow you to scan specific manufacturer code, such as Scion / Toyota. Then it allows you to check the code associated with the ABS / VSC / Traction Control system, EMPS, SRS airbag system, Oil light reset and Brake Reset.
- Back to the Diagnostics menu, if you click OBDII, the scanner will try to communicate with the engine computer using every known protocol. My RAV4 uses CAN 11 bit CAN standard. Once connected, a menu will allow you to select code reviews, view online data in the datastream, view frame data, freeze data, and upload data to your computer or printer.
- About Record Mode, if you have saved the data that you want to transfer to your computer, you will connect the scanner to your computer and run the Restart Update Tool. After entering the serial number of the scanner, you will receive the Print Manager option.
- You can also use the four buttons on the front panel to go directly to the DTC, Clear Codes, Check / Maintenance, or Help. Under the Help menu, you can enter any code and CReader 8001 will even search for specific manufacturer code.
I love this Launch CReader 8001 DIY products, including this one I have, because it is very easy to use. The code reader menu is easy to learn, and the size is not too large, very user friendly. This is the best tool I’ve ever seen, including many car brands for the basic system: ABS, SRS. I tried both reading the error code and deleting them on the ABS system of my car, and resetting the oil service light on the other car in my family. This is a high quality scanner and better than other DIY products I have tried. It is a pretty good item that will get 5 stars from me.
Find more Launch Scan Tool Reviews:
- creader 8001
- launch creader 8001
- creader 8001 pros
- creader 8001 cons
- launch review
- oil reset
- electrical parking brake(EPB) reset