The Innova 3040d is a good basic code reader for user DIY. If you would use the live data, but found it useful on the first car. Innova 3040d Scanner is one of the new Innova’s items actuated in after market tool of car diagnosis. Innova Company is one the top brands in vehicle scanner industry. Innova 3040d looked much like the older Innova code readers. I have have been using an older 3040c model for years so this was good for me because I went right to using 3040d with no instruction and easy.
Best Function: ABS check, Live Data
Innova 3040d Design
Why is Innova 3040d?
The Innova 3040d is an essential code reader intended for both Do-It-Yourself car and expert mechanics, quickly initial information for the diagnosis of the car. It combines many expert components, addressing the needs of gifted mechanics. Similarly, it is simple and easy to use for newcomers in car diagnosis but needs to take the trouble in his or her hands and save cash.
Pros and Cons Innova 3040d
- Support all OBD2 protocol.
- Quickly for check MIL on.
- Support check ABS light
- Price under $100
- All Icon monitor in one screen: Quickly view OBD2 icon monitor emissions readiness.
- Multi language: 3040d support English, Français, Español.
- Easy to use hotkeys: You remember to erase trouble code with a red button. And jumping to “System Menu” with S button or press M button for “Main Menu”. So, the 3040d is an scan tool for the DIYer or professional technicians.
Cons of 3040d
- Website Repair Solutions need purchase and not easy to use (User needs more time to learn).
- ABS does not work with some vehicle. Example: 2002 Saturn, 2016 Ford.
- OBD2 cable short: The new Innova 3040d diagnostic scanner is so short cable that if you are not sitting in the driver’s seat during the entire diagnostic process then you will have to buy an extension cord.
ScanTool Innova 3040d Features
- It displays the additional codes that the car can place on the OBDII bus. Some of these relate to ABS (Brake) and SRS (seatbelts & airbags). Because ABS and SRS laws and regulations are not mandatory, only a few low cost readers display them. The 3040d I did NOT claim to support any SRS code – a reader that costs at least double.
- Each code is a displayer with its clear definition, so no need to search numbers in a book or trouble code online. For my first use, for the indicator light issue caused by ABS, I immediately received a notification that my correct front wheel speed sensor was faulty. Notice clearly clear, and a very cheap DIY repair. My 3040d has paid for itself, so my 5 stars.
- Includes battery and generator check that I do not know. It’s just a simple static voltage test, along with a simple voltage check of the generator while running. It is not much better than a cheap light cigar-test light than the test light, but it’s right there. It’s easy to tell if these two components are okay, but you need a high real-load tester to get accurate results. The Innova 3040d is just a quick voltage test, and does not require you to get under the hood and connect a load device. Do not buy a Innova 3040d for this ability alone.
- There is a very nice online tutorial on the Innova website that you should download and learn before you buy. I keep a copy on my smartphone, which has a big screen. Organized horizontally, it is easy to use in the car.
- Live readings on your car’s performance are available so that you can see if problems occur only when the engine is running or the car is running. I have never encountered this need, but it is certainly important to be available when you have a problem constantly troublesome. You are warned to have both the driver and the reader read in the car if it is being driven.
- You can download the free program from Innova for PC or Macintosh to allow you to transfer data from the 3040d via your computer’s USB port and use the Innova website for more information about the trouble codes you have. They have free information plus access to a paid database for repair details. I did not try this feature because the deck details of the tool are all I need. Some reviewers seem to have expected this information to be available on the tool itself, but you can not expect a tester under $ 100 to provide detailed deck repair information for all the hundreds of vehicles produced. Export since 1996, including fixes and revocation. If your problem becomes complicated, you can kindly have this possibility. I would buy it if I needed it
- Tell you if your car is ready to check and erase fault flags in the ABS and OBD2 screens. Of course, if you do not fix the problem, the error screen will return. It may be like the Inspector plugged into your car.
How to use Innova 3040d
The Innova 3040d OBD2 scan tool is a cheaper device to read the OBDII code and reset your check engine light, but with less expensive units you will probably need to buy a trouble code book to figure out what the code definitions. This unit gives you a verbal description right on the screen along with the code. Control is simple and quite intuitive. A USB port lets you connect to your computer and update local data from the web, if needed. It’s also possible to diagnose your ABS. Good product and very satisfied with this purchase.
I hope the results of this INNOVA 3040d review will help you find the best OBD2 scanner. If you need to check the SRS light, please read Innova 3100j reviews. Or You can read more scanner:
- Innova OBD1 Code Reader Reviews
- Innova 3160g Code Reader Reviews
- Innova 3030g OBD2 Code Reader Reviews
- innova 3040d
- 3040d reviews
- 3040d best price
- innova 3040d abs
- innova 3040d pros
- innova 3040d cons
- innova scan tool