I opened the package and it was a compact device with a compact design. I’ve been using it for nearly three months, so this is a good time to write a review of it. All the reviews I’ve written till now are about the usual scanners produced by major manufacturers such as Actron, Innova and Autel. The BlueDriver OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth is my go-to scanner. If you need to get yourself a best scanner and small size. I would seriously consider the BlueDriver scanner Bluetooth because not only can you read and clear the check engine light codes, you can also read and clear airbag, transmission, ABS, and other module codes (for Ford, GM, Chrysler and BMW vehicles).
Best Functions: Read & Erase Trouble Code, Smog Check, Mode 06
BlueDriver OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Overview
It is a popular OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth unit that delivers functionality and convenience, all while gracefully connecting your smartphone to your computer. The BlueDriver Bluetooth is make by Lemur Vehicle Monitors, and generally costs about $100, which is a pretty average price for this type of product.
When you use smartphone to connect with BlueDriver Bluetooth Adapter and the BlueDriver Dongle does just that by transmitting the data to your mobile device via Bluetooth. After your phone will display many diagnostics information for trouble code, freeze frame data, engine live data, smog check, mode $06, professional repair report. There are many BlueDriver Pros to this scan tool, but it does have some BlueDriver Cons. Take a look at my review to find out if the BlueDriver is right for you…
Review Pros and Cons of the BlueDriver
Pros of the BlueDriver
- BlueDriver Apps (iOS/Android) Free: Easy to install on Apps Store and Play Store. It is designed beautiful user interface and free download.
- Fast data transfer sensor: BlueDriver Sensor (Adapter) is faster transfer vehicle data to your phone. The same real time data from your car.
- Read and Clear trouble codes: It is read Engine Trouble Codes, ABS Trouble Codes, Airbag Trouble Codes and Transmission Trouble Code.
- Quickly repair report: Report trouble code can send via email and get the repair procedure from identifix. So, BlueDriver helps easy to fix the problem.
- Smog Check program: Easy to tab smog check with BlueDriver OBD2 Scan Tool. It will show pass or fail on your car.
- Small size sensor: with 2.2 x 1.9 x 1 inches dimension and 2.4 ounces, It is small best OBDII scan tool.
Cons of the BlueDriver
- Not support Windows Phone: BlueDriver OBD2 code reader only supports iOS and Android. In future, Lemur need built for Windows Phone. It will best OBD2 scan tool on other smart phone OS.
- Not Application List for car models: Need to chat a question to Lemur Vehicle Monitors on Amazon with your car.
How To Use BlueDriver OBD2 Best Scanner?
Lemur BlueDriver Sensor Overview ( or OBD2 Adapter, OBD2 Dongle)
It is made of black plastic and design in Canada. Best OBDII Adapter contains model number LSB2 and assembled in China. Front view, the adapter has an LED status (blue is connected and red is not connected or lost communication with ECU). Looking straight on BlueDriver pin out, the BlueDriver OBD2 sensor supported all pins (but lack of pin 1). You can use your smartphone to quickly scan QR code to install BlueDriver apps on Play Store (Android Store) / Apps Store (iOS Store). If you install apps, you can find the user manual video in BlueDriver app.
Plug-in BlueDriver OBD2 Sensor to DLC port
You find OBD2 Diagnostics Port form user manual or search on the internet. Or the location under the dashboard on the driver side.
Launch BlueDriver OBD2 Scan Tool App
Setting BlueDriver Sensor for Android and iOS device
Setting up video shows how to install the BlueDriver Sensor for use with your Android Device. BlueDriver Apps required Android minimum 4.0 version.
Setting up video shows how to install the BlueDriver Sensor for use with your iOS Device. BlueDriver Apps required iOS minimum 7.0 version and compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
Read and Clear Trouble Code with BlueDriver OBD2 Scan Tool
- Confirmed Check Engine Codes: A Confirmed DTC indicates that during the last ignition cycle a test related to the DTC has failed.
- Pending Check Engine Codes: The computer detects something “wrong”, but the error usually has to be present after a few driving cycles before it turns into an “Confirmed” code that triggers the Check Engine Light.
- Permanent Check Engine Codes: Emission-related DTCs that can’t be cleared from the ECM or TCM until the computer knows for sure that the problem was fixed. This usually involves performing a Universal Trip Drive Pattern exactly as described, but there are other ways, such as performing a dedicated monitor cycle.
- Enhanced Codes (e.g. ABS, Airbag, Transmission, etc.): GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota and BMW/Mini.
Reading Trouble Codes is a basic feature of all vehicle diagnostic scan tools but we do it better. BlueDriver uses the connectivity of your iPhone and Android device to allow you to save and share your vehicle data. From emailing a scan to saving it to your Dropbox, BlueDriver has you covered.
Peforming a Smog Check with BlueDriver OBD2 Scan Tool
The Smog Check Program is an important part of the State’s efforts to improve the air we breathe. Smog Check inspections are designed to identify vehicles with excess emissions so they can be properly repaired. The Program has greatly reduced air pollution created by millions of cars in US.
Is your vehicle ready for a Smog Check? Find out with BlueDriver Smog Check. At the tap of a button you can see if your vehicle is ready.
Creating Repair Report with BlueDriver OBD2 Scanner
Vehicle Diagnostics has never been easier than with BlueDriver. Simply scan your vehicle for codes and let BlueDriver tell you how to fix your vehicle by providing a Repair Report. The Repair Report contains possible causes and reported fixes used by professional automotive technicians to resolve your specific issue. In this video you will see how to create a Repair Report on iOS. Also note you can print Repair.
Viewing Advanced Test Results Mode $06 with BlueDrive OBD2 Tool
Mode 6 will tell you if your vehicle’s monitors are passing their tests and show whether or not their values are within the acceptable range. Example monitors Include Oxygen sensors and Misfire Counters.
Accessing Vehicle Live Data with BlueDriver OBD2 Tool
Using this scanner tool and your Android or Apple device you can graph and log live vehicle data. Many mechanics and do-it-yourselfers use BlueDriver’s graphing capability to determine if repairs were successful by viewing before and after graphs. Note that the video shows an iPhone but the process is very similar on Android devices.
With video review, user review Pros and Cons of the BlueDriver OBD2 Scan Tool, Should you buy one BlueDriver? Yes, BlueDriver helps your car safely before each trip. BlueDriver will provide trouble code tracking and possible cause, best for your car information with Bluetooth technology and advanced functions. Easy to user normal. However, it is only supported Bluetooth, there is a limit of distance and not support with Windows phones. I recommend it, but you need to check compatibility with your car.
- blue driver obd2
- bluedriver review
- bluedriver obd2 scan tool
- blue driver obdii
- BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool