When you are looking for a code reader/scanner for your car, the Ancel AD310 is one of the good ones around. It is one of the highest rated and most recommended car system error readers, and if you’d treat it with utmost care, it’s going to last for years and save good amounts of time and money over time.
Best Function: All OBD2 Protocol, Multi language
Ancel AD310 Pros and Cons
- Ancel AD310 is scanner readability. There is no doubt that the display was designed to make instructions easily decipherable. The use of plain language is also very helpful.
- Other scanners require using a mobile phone for operations. This scanner does not. For some, that’s an advantage because they don’t have to have extra expense for a phone to use for this purpose and that they don’t have to look for the phone every time the check engine light shows up.
- One con would be the small printed letters in the manual. One customer said that the kind of printing renders the manual useless altogether.
Cons of Ancel AD310
- Another feature that this scanner lacks is the ability to diagnose a ABS system. If you have that kind of need, you have to look at units that accommodate your need.
- You also have to check first if it is compatible with your car. It is not compatible with some models from Nissan and other car brands.
Ancel AD310 function and features
- AD310 can provide the following: history codes, pending codes, hard memory data, and definitions.
- It can turn off the system to check what’s causing the instruction to check the engine. Then it clears codes.
- Afterwards, it goes to reset the monitors. There are errors that can be fixed using this instrument alone.
- It can read real-time data stream.
- It can allow you to check your freeze frame and I/M readiness.
- It can retrieve vehicle information for you.
- It also supports the following systems: controller area network (CAN), lookup library, built-in OBD2 fault and OBD2 protocols.
- It comes with a long cable 2.5 feet in length. The cable is made of a solid insulator.
- There are only four buttons for easy operations: enter, exit, up and down.
- The product comes with a 3-year warranty. It comes in a good packaging and the price is very reasonable.
Ancel AD310 benefits
- The Ancel AD310 is designed to be user-friendly. Even beginners can easily understand how to use it. When powered, it will walk you through a menu that is not complicated to understand. Then it will show an error code. It’s that easy.
- For those who are asking if this tool gives the details for the codes it gives, the answer is – yes, it does. It will explain to you in plain language what the trouble in your car is. It will even describe to you how serious the problem is, like it will say that there’s a “large leak”.
- You can consult to check with the Haynes book what the actual problem can be. For the problem mentioned, the book might tell you that it is actually a canister leak or anything like that. It is so helpful that you know you don’t have to worry so much, knowing that you have identified how small the problem is.
- Another good thing is this tool also allows you to temporarily erase the error so you can go ahead and use your car, giving you more time for scheduling a visit to the repair shop. In terms of financials, it will save you money since you will not require a diagnostic check every time a problem occurs.
Vehicle Compatibility and Language Support
- The Ancel AD310 scanner supports Asian cars, cars made in the US from year 1996 and cars made in Europe from year 2000. It also supports newer CAN and OBD II imported and domestic vehicles.
- Error codes and explanations for such codes can be read in Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Finnish, Spanish, French, German and English languages. (It’s surprising it doesn’t support Korean, Japanese and Chinese.)
This is an honest valuation of a car code scanner that’s currently one of top-performers in terms of sales and ratings. There are certain limitations for this tool. For example, it is not compatible with some car models and that it isn’t designed to check all the problems that can happen with your vehicle.
It does a good job though when it comes to checking problems related with the engine. If that is all that you need for considering buying a best obd2 scan tool, then the Ancel AD310 is one good choice.
You’ll appreciate how it can erase your worries and help you put more money for savings in times when the check-engine warning comes up. This device is the one that will tell you during those times “it isn’t time yet to go to the dealer.” If you need check ABS and SRS light, go to Innova 3100j reviews.
- ancel ad310
- ad310 scanner
- ancel obd2 scan tool
- ancel code reader
- pros ad310
- cons ad310